Monday, May 18, 2009

The Shack

It was the winter of 07 and I needed some kind of small dwelling on the land. It had to be small and basic with heat and a sink and maybe a place to sit and draw, like a desk. It was very much the thing I had imagined as an adolescent.
To date it is not finished. I constructed what is pictured mostly from poles on the land or scrap wood and pallets from various dumpsters on the Cape. At the end of February I bought a truck and camper combination for $500. It was a lot of money for me at the time but solved the problem of having a place to sleep on the land. It was fully self contained with a propane stove, refrigerator and heater. Before that I would either sleep in a tent or when it was crazy cold, stay in a motel in Belfast.
At some point I hope to finish the structure. I'm not sure what function it will serve...

No comments:

Post a Comment